Cooperation by：International Game Developers Association Japan Chapter(IDGA Japan)
Games for SOWN
- A game that realizes a totally new, never-seen-before gaming experience
- A game that employs technologies that have not previously been used successfully, such as natural language processing, physics engines, image recognition or gesture control, to present a new kind of experience.
- A game that challenges the common sense of games
- A game that pursues new ways of gaming expressions and changes the player's vision of the world after playing and experiencing it.
- A game with emergent features
- A game that brings user's activities into the game world by embedding features such as AI interactions and social elements.
- A game that makes people want to play it immediately
- A game that makes everyone thinks that they want to enjoy the new experience for themselves and feel that they want to treasure it.
- An amazing game
- An amazing game
- Any kind of new, eye-grabbing and impressive game!!
Games to which the following conditions apply will NOT meet the selection criteria:
- A game in which only the elements comprising the game are the key factor
- A game in which the newness and highlights are focused on the one elements comprising the game (such as the background setting, situation, character design, graphics, story, audio, etc.) instead of the game itself.
- A game of a new genre created by combining or rehashing existing genres
- However, a game providing a truly new game experience may be considered for acceptance.
- A game that is new only in targeting a specific user group
- A game will not be deemed as being new and innovative just because it is focused on a specific user group (such as female users or the elderly). However, a game providing a truly new game experience may be considered for acceptance.
- A game created for the purpose of demonstrating a technological innovation, experimental business model, or distribution mechanism
- A game of this kind will not be completely rejected from the screening process but they must demonstrate that it is capable of directly and tangibly providing a new game experience.