Cooperation by：International Game Developers Association Japan Chapter(IDGA Japan)
SENSE OF WONDER NIGHT 2016
Northway Games and Radial Games 〔Canada〕
- 1: What's your background in making games?
- Radial Games are the creators of ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS and Monster Loves You. Northway Games made Incredipede and the Rebuild series. We've both been indie developers since 2008, but this is our first game together.
- 2: How much time did you spend working on the game?
- We started Fantastic Contraption VR in August 2015 and released it in April 2016 with the HTC Vive. We still aren't done...
- 3: How did you come up with the concept?
- We wanted a room-scale VR game where you'd make big motions with your hands and walk around a lot in one area. We knew physics would be fun to play with, and building huge things would feel really cool in VR.
- 4: What development tools did you use?
- Fantastic Contraption VR was written in Unity with OpenVR. We first developed using a Vive, and now we are porting to Oculus Touch.
- 5: What were the significant changes between the presented games and games you developed before?
- This is our first virtual reality game, and has changed how we think about user interfaces and how a game feels to interact with.
- 6: What is your goal as a game developer?
- With this game we wanted to try something new. Our goal was to learn about VR and become known as virtual reality developers.
- 7: Please write a message to future SOWN attendees regarding your expectation and feeling about being selected to be a finalist.
- We are so happy to be selected for SOWN! It's a true privelege and a wonderful opportunity to visit one of our favorite places in the world.
※Presenters are subject to change.